In Jefferson County, MO, the Hot Seller’s Market of 2022 is still showing signs of cooling down. When will it hit bottom and turn into a buyer’s market? That’s a good question.
So how is the Jefferson County, MO real estate market doing? To answer that question here is a market snapshot.
- The average sales price has declined by four percent – showing sellers may be accepting less for their homes
- The average list price has increased by four percent – showing sellers are still hopeful to cash out
- The number of properties that sold (the snapshot shows only SFH – Single Family Homes) has dropped by a whopping THIRTY percent. May be indicative of the higher mortgage interest rates pushing some potential home buyers out of the market.
- The average days on market is increasing by thirty-eight percent. Again showing less buyer interest or ability to purchase the homes currently on the market.
- The number of properties for sale has declined by fifteen percent. This may be a seasonal trend with few homes typically listed in the fourth quarter.
About the post – Based on information from Mid America Regional Information Systems.
For property type(s) Single Family in the price range $0 – $999,999,999 for the period Oct 2022 – Jan 2023.
Jan 2023 stats are compared to previous 3 months’ average.
Source data is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.